Wednesday, June 2, 2010

How the Other Half Does It

Jill says:
When I read Mel's post about how she meticulously organises her Lifescrap photos, paper, embellishments, etc., I had a bit of a chuckle to myself. She is far more organised than me. Mel also puts far more time into the prep for her Lifescrap album than me. I thought to myself, "I'm gonna take photos step by step of how I prepare for Lifescrap (just for a laugh). So here it is.















Step 1.


A couple of months ago I went through my old scrapbooking magazines (so they could go to a new home after I got what I wanted out of them). I thought it would be a good opportunity to get all the half decent papers out them and use them for Lifescrap since the whole idea of Lifescrap is to recycle.





Step 2.

Recently on a Scrapbooking Retreat, I spent some time cutting up rectangles 3 1/2 inches by 2 1/2 inches out of all the half decent papers I had rescued from my old magazines. That's a couple of months out of the way.












Step 3.

At the start of the year I went through all the white pages I had kept from albums that I didn't use and cut out rectangles in the same dimensions. They sit in a basket on my table for easy access (and not really having any other idea where to store them) so they are ready for journalling.







Step 4.

When I print photos throughtout the month for other things like circle journals or layouts (usually I don't print photos at home unless I need a special size or I have forgotten to get a photo printed when I have visited the photo lab), I also print my photos for Lifescrap. If I don't have any need to print photos during the month, I do it on the day I am finishing off for that month.


Step 5.
I get out all my scrap cardstock and pick out some matching cardstock for the month title and for the date circles and any other embellishments I want to use up. I usually use the same circle punch for the date and I try to add in something else. This month I punched some daisies out of pink cardstock.



Step 6.
I have one stamp set that has the right size numbers so no big choice here. I like that cos it saves me time.



Step 7.
Write out the journalling by going over my diary (although this will change from this month as I am thinking about using Mel's idea of a month to an opening diary just for Lifescrap) and type up the journalling on my computer. Also this is the time to put together any embellishments.



Step 8.
Put it all together.



The almost finished product! I am still to print one photo (which I hurriedly got my husband to take today) of my 'stitch' on my back. I realised when I was doing my Lifescrap (as I took these photos this morning) that I didn't actually have a photo of my 'procedure' and needed one as I had journalled about it.


So there you have it. In 8 easy steps. A simple record of how I 'throw' my Lifescrap 365 pages together.

No comments: