Friday, June 25, 2010

In the wee hours...

Melissa says:

Since the nasty cold and flu I had a few weeks ago, I have undergone a complete sleep transformation. Early to bed, early to rise has been my new pattern for a while now, but low and behold I have been awake since 3am this morning. As I lay there wishing myself back to sleep, my mind generally starts to tick over about the coming few weeks of school holidays. I'm sure I am not the only parent who (at times) dreads 2 full weeks of keeping their child busy.



Finally at 4.30am, I gave up the idea of a few more zzzzz's and threw on my slippers and decided to get in a few hours of creative time before the rest of the household surfaces. While tinkering with my Lifescrap album and this month's photo's, I realise that there only a few days left before my baby turns 10 and zips into those double digits. I shouldn't be dwelling of how frustrating he is, or cheeky for that matter. It's the time spent, not where you went or what you saw. But how many times I sit in his room to play Lego, or watch his favourite movie (Star Wars is still fantastic after all these years). So these holidays I have a few ideas planned for us, but chances are they will go out the window when he climbs into my bed for a warm snuggle and then maybe we can catch those extra zzzzz's together.

No comments: